Dec 17, 2019

Altering a welcome sign - video tutorial

Hey gang!
Anat here! Holidays season is almost here and we all want to decorate and embellish our homes, right?! So today I will show you, step by step, how to alter a "Welcome " wooden sign with amazing Lindy's products. I made it colorful and snowy, watch the video tutorial to see how I created the snow look, using only Lindy's Embossing powder.



Let's start...

Basic Process

  1. I started by adhering pieces of joint tape, it adds such a gorgeous texture!
  2. Then I primed the sign with White Heavy Gesso.
  3. Next I added, here and there, white crackle paste.
  4. After drying and cracking I've added some stamping with Versa Mark ink and Queen Sheba's Silver Embossing Powder
  5. Now to the fun part - adding color -  I added 3 sprays: Marigold Yellow Orange, Open Arms Amethyst and Oh Canada Crimson Squirt
  6. While the sign is drying I treated some beuatiful chipboards with paints I made of white heavy gesso and Magical shakers: Cuckoo Clock Cardinal , Cowabunga Copper, Grab a Guy Gold, Time Travel Teal and Guten Tag Teal
  7. Next, I added to the chipboards some color with Embossing powders: Okktoberfest Orange, Tilt-a-Wheel Teal, King Midas Gold, Holly Hock Scarlet Plum
  8. To make the Sign more interesting I added a layer of dry brush with the paint I made of gesso and Time Travel Teal + Guten Tag Teal
  9. I glued all chipboards on my piece and added the snowy look using Purley white Embossing powder
  10. I made my own embellishments with art pebbles: covered them with clear gesso and brushed them with Time Travel Teal and Grab a Guy Gold
Scrapiniec chipboards are:

 




Watch the video to see the entire process:










Lindy’s Products

Scrapiniec Chipboards
Other products
  • Prima-Finnabair Heavy white gesso, Prima-Finnabair Crackle  paste white, Prima-Finnabair clear gesso
I hope you enjoyed it and feel inspired to make one for your home!
Thank you for stopping by!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment