Oct 30, 2018

Sweet like candy canvas - Step by Step for Lindy's

Hi Gang!
I'm so happy to share with you a canvas I made with my daughter's photo.
I decided to go for a colorful palette as she is a kid and I wanted a bright and joyful result.

Basic Process

So  join me in the Step by Step process:

 
All products are set so let's Start:

First step was coloring in the areas of the canvas where the photo and embellishments will sit.
 I used five gorgeous sprays: Rizzo's Rowdy Red Flat, Grab a Guy Gold Shimmer, Jack in the Pulpit Teal Shimmer, Time Travel Teal Shimmer and Cowabunga Copper Shimmer.

Next, I stamped with archival black and color inks.

You can see it here

My favorite technique to color paper die-cuts is embossing. As you can see, I used a few Embossing Powders: Desert Moon Turquoise EP, Midnight Teal EP, Midnight Pewter EP, Caesar's Gold EP and Cuckoo Clock Cardinal EP

I needed a few more embellishments stamped and hot embossed, this time I used Cuckoo Clock Cardinal EP and Sassy Sapphire EP.

I added thin chipboard circles and left them with their natural color

As I can't do without some texture I added it with modeling paste through a stencil

Time to put everything together with gel medium. 
As the picture matting, I've chosen some papers and a couple of matching tags. 
As you can see when I've got to this point I decided to change the canvas direction.
And this is what I came with! I love the result and I hope you do too!


So give it a go – it’s easier than you think!

Here are some extra photos so you can see all the details.




LINDY’S PRODUCTS

OTHER PRODUCTS
  • Chipboards, Decoart Modeling Paste, Prima Stencil, assorted dies,  Stamps and Inks

No comments:

Post a Comment