Oct 3, 2018

Mixed Media Altered Photo Frame for Lindy's

Hello dears! 
I'm here today very happy to share with you an easy step by Step tutorial of A Mixed Media Altered photo frame  made in just a few step for the amazing Lindy's.

In the frame a picture, I took last week, of my daughter and our Kitten in a moment of cuddle. I'm in love with that Picture!




So let the fun begin :)
When altering an object the first step is always priming the piece, so that's what I did - primd it with two layers of white gesso drynig between layers.
The next step was to spread, randomly, white crackle paste and adhere art stones with Gel Medium.


Minwhile waiting for the crackles to appear and the gel medium to dry I started coloring my embelishments.
Before coloring all embellishments I gave them a layer of white gesso.


The large chipboard, metal heart, metal feather and metal Butterfly were sprayed with Jazzy Jivin Purple Shimmer Spray and Glory of the seas gold Shimmer Spray. Drying between one color and the other.

The metal flowers were paint-brushed with Whale watch Blue Shimmer Spray and  Glory of the seas gold Shimmer Spray



Back to the dry and crackled frame I hot embossed here and there using Midnight pewter Embossing Powder. I did the same on the resist canvas using a different stamp.


Using a small paint brush, the resist canvas was colored with Jazzy Jivin Purple Shimmer SprayCalifornia Poppy Gold Shimmer SprayGlory of the seas gold Shimmer SprayWhale watch Blue Shimmer Spray  and Pop Rock Purple Flat Spray


Next step was  coloring the frame first with California Poppy Gold Shimmer Spray and Glory of the seas gold Shimmer Spray


I absolutely love all that shimmer!


and than with Jazzy Jivin Purple Shimmer SprayWhale watch Blue Shimmer Spray  and Pop Rock Purple Flat Spray


Using a gel medium I adhered, the my Daughter's picture with the matting and a metal clips on top of the large chipboard and started adhering flowers and  all  embellishments.
Let dry for an hour.
Last step: I gave all embellishments 2 layers of dry brush with white gesso


The project is ready now and I love it!! hope you do too :)


Here some close-ups for you as an inspiration:









Lindy’s Products

Other products:
Hope I have inspired you to give this a try!
xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment