Sep 4, 2018

Hamsa Step by Step for Lindy's

Hey Gang!

I'm here today to share  the process of making this altered wooden Hamsa with a Dream Catcher on it, which I've created for Lindy's Stamp Gang.

I want to show you how I color Metal and Acrylic embellishments with amazing Lindy's Embossing powders and Sprays.






The first step is to prime the wooden piece with white gesso. Dry it.
(I adhered some tissue paper images but as in the end they hardly  show  you can skip this step)
Spread white crackle paste on top. Wait until it dries and all the cracks appear.






Dry Brush 2 layers of White heavy gesso, drying between layers.



Spread Oakleaf Olive EP on background chipboards.



I added it to the hamsa using heavy Gel Medium, and dry brushed it with heavy white gesso.



I brushed it a little bit with Peony Scarlet Red spray.



I love playing with the amazing Lindy's Embossing Powder and give the embellishments interesting look and colors.
On the Dream catcher I first spread Oakleaf Olive EP, and Stardust Candy Rose EP.



Than on top a bit of Chateau Rose Embossing Powder.



Embossed the Acrylic Pebbles with Oakleaf Olive EP, and Stardust Candy Rose EP.



Embossed the metal Ladybug and Bee with the Cleopatra's Copper EP.
Love the effect!!! don't you?



To color the metal flowers I first brushed it with a thin layer of White gesso and than sprayed it with Peony Scarlet RedPonderosa Pines Olive.



Now that all element are colored I assembled them, together with some flowers and pieces of fabric doily,  on top of the Hamsa using Heavy Gel Medium.
After all elements were sticked and the project was dry I added here and there a bit of gesso and metal wax paste.
Hope you like my project!
Here are some more photos and close-ups:

















Lindy’s Products
Other Products
  •  Liquitex Heavy White Gesso, DecoArtWhite Crackle Paste, Dusty Attic Chipboards, Prima Marketing Pebbles, Metal embellishments, 49&market flowers

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you’ll try this technique with Lindy’s products and when you do so, don’t forget to tag us!
Till the next time!
Hugs,
Anat


  

No comments:

Post a Comment