Jan 15, 2020

Love completely - Altering a House shaped Frame

Hello crafty friends!
Anat Here with a new step by step tutorial. In this video I willl show how I altered a Wooden house shaped frame in  Shabby Style, using lots of shakers and some other Lindy's products.





So let's get started...

Basic Process

  • First Step: cut the House shape from a Resist Canvas - Lindy's matches gorgeously on it!
  • To color it I use water and 2 Lindy's shakers: Oom Pah pah Pink and California Poppy Gold
  • Cover the Frame with White Heavy Gesso
  • Dry it and add pieces of different Washi Tapes
  • Spread randomly, White Crackle paste
  • When dry I add to the cracked frame my favorite Lindy's Medieval Gold Glitz Spray
    tip: In case you are not familiar with the Glitz Sprays: These sprays contain just the shimmer! so they are perfect when you don't want to add color, only shimmer
  • I have picked some Dusty Attic's Chipboards and primed them with White Heavy Gesso
  • To color the chippies I used Lindy's Shakers, starting with: Alpine Ice Rose
    tip: To get Shabby-Pastel colors, I sprayed on top Lindy's Sidewalk Chalk Spray, instead of water. Next I used the Amazing Glittering Gold Shaker. On the Window I used Time Travel Teal  Shaker.
  • I decided to add some texture on the chipboards for that I'm using Lindy's embossing powders.
    tip: I’m using Versamark pen because I don't to cover all chipboard
    First I used Starbright Gold Green Lindy's EP, and next C'est la Vie Cerise Lindy's EP
  • Instead of using colored flowers I grabbed white paper flowers and dyed them with the same shakers I used previously: Oom Pah pah Pink, Glittering Gold, Guten Tag Teal
    Here again I spray Lindy's Sidewalk Chalk, to soften the colors
  • Another embellishment to be colored are the resin mould pieces. I mix a bit of White Heavy Gesso with Lindy's Loonie Toonie Teal Squirt
    tip: As the Squirts are thick but still liquid they are perfect for this purpose
    Dry and add on top a bit of the same Squirt, to get a two-tuned pieces
  • Now it is time to put everything together
I made a video tutorial so you can watch every step of the creation process:



Here are some close-ups, where you can see all the Fabulous shimmer and more details:












Lindy’s Products

Other products
  • Dusty Attic Chipboards, Finnabair-Prima Soft Gel,  Finnabair-Prima White Heavy Gesso,  Finnabair-Prima White Crackle Paste, Finnabair-Prima  Art Stones and Micro Beads, Prima mould
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo

2 comments: