Sep 16, 2021

Back to Childhood Art Journal page for Art Daily Cafe

 Hello crafty friends!

Long, lazy summer days, fresh cut grass smell, school, swimming pool with friends and dining room evenings are just a few of the memories I have from my childhood.



Some people have plenty of memories from various stages of early life, the funny thing is that my nostalgic collection seems to be greater when coming to smells and flavors!  I remember less events but more of the environment.
In the chosen picture I'm about 2 years old, held by my Mom and having my aunt beside me. I don't remember that day but I'm sure it is well engraved n my mind as in my adulthood she became the my dearest aunt. She was Indeed a special person and her name features that - Sol (Solita) which means Sun in Portuguese. The same affection by nostology occurred with 2 of my cousins which as adults became my friends.

I don't have enough experience in the collage technique but I adore working on new stuff so I embraced the challenge and created this page. I'm sure I will do more of it in the future. As usual I've added a quote I like which is all about the written above: "Memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke.” Julian Barnes








Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

2 comments: