Jun 26, 2018

How To Create a DIY Nautical Wheel - tutorial for Lindy's

Hello dears,
Don't you love everything about the beach? I do! Have for you today an easy Step by Step explaining how to create a DIY Nautical Wheel with amazing Lindy's goodies.





I started out by spreading white crackle paste over the whole wheel.


Before drying I added mini Art stones


While waiting for the drying and crackling, I started making the embellishments by spraying a paper die-cut frame with my favorite Cowabunga copper Shimmer Spray.


After the spray dried, I embossed the frame with Clearly clear Embossing Powder and embossed the seaweed with Holly berry EP and Gilded burgundy brass EP.
I like to add embossing powders on the colored embellishments because it gives an extra-shine and  makes the paper harder and more stable.


Next, it's time to color the leaves paper die-cuts with Bling-y Blonde Shimmer Spray and Cowabunga copper Shimmer Spray.


The off white  Fisherman's net I colored with Ethereal Emerald moon shadow spray and Time travel teal shimmer Spray, look how old and grungy it looks - perfect!


I wanted the wheel color to be intense so as soon as the wheel was dry and crackled, I painted it with Time travel teal magical Shaker using a paint brush. That's why the shakers are so amazing: you can control the intensity of the color by the amount of water you mix in.


Next, I splattered large drops of Cowabunga copper Shimmer Spray It's shimmer is beyond gorgeous!


Now you can dry it with a heating tool or let it dry naturally.
Time to adhere everything on top of the wheel starting with the net, paper die-cuts and all other embellishments. I use Heavy gel medium to glue everything down.


As always I use another Favorite the Frozen Jack Frost Shimmer Spray to highlight here and there, by splashing and applying with a fine paint brush, just to add an extra touch!


Almost done... I added some art stones in 2 sizes.


Et Voila! the project is done!


Hope you enjoyed it! I had so much fun creating this.
Here are some close-ups:













Lindy’s Products

Other Products:

  •  White Crackle paste, Art stones,  VersaMark pen, Metal embellishments, G45 images
Feel free to ask any question about the process!
Thanks for stopping by ðŸ™‚ Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment